Right now I'm sitting watching 'Moulin Rouge' for the first time, with a casual bottle of Bollinger, a very kind housewarming present from my other half's Mum (who, on another note, is an excellent cook and teacher!), so thanks to her! I have already planned my 22nd birthday party, but now I wish I had applied a 'Moulin Rouge' theme. Maybe next year. I'm really getting into this cooking malarkey. Trying new things is actually working out for me - the pickiest person in Scotland.
So here is my latest trial - Butter Beans with chorizo and spinach. Please take this recipe and run with it. There's so many additions you could make to it!
Chorizo, White Beans & Spinach
|This is how mine turned out...looks yummy eh?|
- 400g tin of beans (Butter beans or Cannellini beans will work, I used Butter Beans)
- 50g Chorizo sausage
- 300ml Chicken stock (original recipe said 200ml, but I didn't find this was 'saucy' enough).
- 1 onion (I only used half an onion, but that's me and my freakish ways getting used to onion).
- 80g Fresh Spinach (Again, original recipe says to chop this, I didn't).
- Fry the onion in some oil until softened (don't burn it like me!!), then add the chorizo and fry until it starts to give out it's natural oil.
- Pour in the chicken stock and simmer for a minute or so.
- Add the beans and cook for 5 - 7 minutes depending on how you like your beans.
- Add the spinach and stir, cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Serve in bowls.
I hope you like this, any tips or criticism welcome :o)
Here's a cheeky video from Moulin Rouge...Ewan McGregor...Scottish hero!
This film is giving me shivers!!!!